From all of us here at ProZone, we’d like to wish you, your family and your friends a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
It’s hard to believe that it’s “that” time of the year again.
It’s been a year full of ups and downs for me, so I’m looking forward to a break,and a fresh start in the New Year.
I never worry about my nutrition, even over the holidays, as I always eat in the Zone. However, I understand Christmas can make it difficult for some to stay in the Zone, so I’ve included some tips below to help you survive the Holidays.
Thank you for your support through the year and I wish everyone a happy, healthy and peaceful break – and a fabulous 2019.
Also, thanks to Allsorted Admin, especially Geena, for putting the newsletters together
and also to Jo for holding the fort while I’ve been away.
Changing Your Email Address?
Please don’t forget to let us know if you have a new email address.
We’d love to stay in touch and let you know that your reserve is waiting for you, or remind you of due dates.
The ProZone office in Panama Street is now closed, however I am happy
to see people by appointment if they contact me and orders will go out as normal.
Last day for processing orders is:
17th December 2018 by 10.00am.
No orders will be sent between:
17th December 2018 and 14th Jan 2019
There will be limited orders between:
14th January 2019 and 4th February 2019
The normal ordering process will return on 5th February 2019.
SYW Omega-3 Fish Oil Capsules
These are now back in stock, and are available through our website here.
Our 20th Anniversary Special is extended to the end of the year!
Just $60.00 per box of PureFit Bars.
You can purchase these through our website here.
Healthy Holiday Tips
Holidays bring family and friends together to celebrate traditions and spread festive cheer –
with loads of opportunities for socialising, eating and drinking.
For some people, the festive season can provide a temporary challenge to their Zone nutrition lifestyle.
To help you survive the parties without going off the Zone, we wanted to share a few tips
on how you can still enjoy the party season and not stray too far from the Zone:
- Have a balanced Zone snack 30 minutes before going to a party. You’ll be less tempted to choose sweet and other excess carbohydrate foods;
- When at a function where unfavourable snacks are being passed around, it’s always easiest to refuse the first time they are offered. This is very empowering as it puts you in control and makes it easier to refuse further offers. Accepting “just one” can easily spiral into eating more than you would want to have;
- Eat protein such as meat or cheese between drinks or dessert, and allow for this in your total protein;
- Turkey is excellent protein, with the best part of it being the breast meat (which is the best part of chicken also);
- Be familiar with the appearance of your block amount of meat or chicken, and choose to eat this amount;
- Select vegetables and fruit as carbohydrate choices, and ease up on bread, rice, pasta, and rich desserts;
- Enjoy wonderful and fresh seasonal blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries instead of reaching for the sugar-loaded desserts;
- Make sure to alternate glasses of water between alcoholic drinks. Avoid fruit juice and fizzy drinks;
- Take Zone bars on Xmas shopping trips to keep energy levels up and to avoid cravings for unfavourable food when hunger strikes;
- Prepare a Zone-favourable Xmas dinner with emphasis on quality, rather than quantity of food. You will definitely feel a lot more comfortable afterwards;
- Skipping the baked potatoes (which have an astronomical glycaemic load) allows for much more favourable choices. If you must have potatoes, a small serving of a new potato is a better alternative;
- Don’t get stressed if you don’t get it exactly right. If you sort of do it, it is bound to be better than what you were doing before the Zone.
“If you Zone 80% of the time, you get 90% of the benefit”,
and, when all else fails;
“You are only one meal away from the Zone”.
If you need help putting an eating plan in place, please contact me to discuss further.
Sha is based in Palmerston North and can be contacted on:
or 021 2742226
Heike is based in Eastbourne and can be contacted on:
or 021 901729