From all of us here at ProZone, we’d like to wish you, your family, and your friends, a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
This year has been incredibly busy, both professionally and personally, and I am sorry to have not kept in touch more regularly. Hopefully, I can manage to do so more in the New Year.
Christmas is a time where nutrition plans, diets, whatever you like to call them, tend to go out the window, because it’s just “easier” to eat whatever is on your plate,
and not upset the hosts by refusing! But, it is important to stay in the Zone, no matter the time of year. So, below are some tips to help you survive the Holidays, and stay in the Zone.
Thank you for your support through the year and I wish everyone a happy, healthy and peaceful break – and a fabulous 2020.
Changing Your Email Address?
Please don’t forget to let us know if you have a new email address.
We’d love to stay in touch and let you know that your reserve is waiting for you, or remind you of due dates.
I am happy to see people by appointment if they contact me, and orders will go out as normal, provided they are received on time as per dates below.
Last day for processing orders is:
Wednesday, 18th December 2019 by 10.00am.
There will be limited orders between:
Wednesday, 18th December 2019 and Sunday, 12th January 2020.
The normal ordering process will return on Monday, 13th January 2020.
Berry Almond and Toffee Crunch flavours have been discontinued, so theses are no longer available.
I have fresh stock of Chocolate Peanut Butter, Chocolate Brownie, Peanut Butter Crunch, Oatmeal Cinnamon, and Almond Crunch.
These are at the regular price of $65 a box.
I do have some outdated bars, including Berry Almond, Chocolate Brownie, Oatmeal Cinnamon, Almond Crunch, and Peanut Butter Crunch.
These are $45 a box while stock lasts; whole boxes only.
You can purchase these through our website here.
Out of Stock
Protein nuggets are also out of stock until further notice; I am trying to source a new supplier.
Healthy Holiday Tips
Holidays bring family and friends together to celebrate traditions and spread festive cheer – with loads of opportunities for socialising, eating and drinking.
For some people, the festive season can provide a temporary challenge to their Zone nutrition lifestyle.
To help you survive the parties without going off the Zone, we wanted to share a few tips on how you can still enjoy the party season and not stray too far from the Zone:
- Have a balanced Zone snack 30 minutes before going to a party. You’ll be less tempted to choose sweet and other excess carbohydrate foods;
- When at a function where unfavourable snacks are being passed around, it’s always easiest to refuse the first time they are offered. This is very empowering as it puts you in control and makes it easier to refuse further offers. Accepting “just one” can easily spiral into eating more than you would want to have;
- Eat protein such as meat or cheese between drinks or dessert, and allow for this in your total protein;
- Turkey is excellent protein, with the best part of it being the breast meat (which is the best part of chicken also);
- Be familiar with the appearance of your block amount of meat or chicken, and choose to eat this amount;
- Select vegetables and fruit as carbohydrate choices, and ease up on bread, rice, pasta, and rich desserts;
- Enjoy wonderful and fresh seasonal blueberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries instead of reaching for the sugar-loaded desserts;
- Make sure to alternate glasses of water between alcoholic drinks. Avoid fruit juice and fizzy drinks;
- Take Zone bars on Xmas shopping trips to keep energy levels up and to avoid cravings for unfavourable food when hunger strikes;
- Prepare a Zone-favourable Xmas dinner with emphasis on quality, rather than quantity of food. You will definitely feel a lot more comfortable afterwards;
- Skipping the baked potatoes (which have an astronomical glycaemic load) allows for much more favourable choices. If you must have potatoes, a small serving of a new potato is a better alternative;
- Don’t get stressed if you don’t get it exactly right. If you sort of do it, it is bound to be better than what you were doing before the Zone.
“If you Zone 80% of the time, you get 90% of the benefit”, and, when all else fails; “You are only one meal away from the Zone”.If you need help putting an eating plan in place, please contact me to discuss further.